Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Second verse, same as the first.

Now for something light and fluffy. I am going to steal this idea from my favorite blogger and by far the coolest chick from the cold region of Duluth, Minnesota. So anywho's ;) here we go. I am going to play the ipod game. Hit shuffle and write something honest about the first 5 songs to play, I should tell you that I just backed up my itunes and dumped everything, so everything I have now is mostly new. So here we go (no cheating I promise)......

1. Phantom Limbs by The Shins

I like this band, I always have even when they were outplayed a little after GARDEN STATE had their "Everything Is Creepy" on everyones rotation. This song is cool, it strikes me as a song that would be used in a John Hughes movie if he made one today. Can't you see it, geeky girl gets the stud and they kiss while sitting on a table.....or something 80's like that.

2. This Will Be Our Year by The Zombies

This song has been a favorite of mine since I was a wee bit lad. It reminds me of summer nights driving around in the cool air being in the back seat looking out the sunroof at the moon with the trees bristling above. Being in said back seat with a pretty young thing and exchanging looks of young love/lust with your hands inches apart and feeling that electricity.....Damn if you don't feel like your going to live forever.

3. Lucinda by Tom Waits

I love the beauty and evil in this song. I cannot listen to Tom Waits without thinking of my father. I think if not for him I probably would have never found Mr. Waits and definitely wouldn't have invested the time to appreciate him. If I was ever a boxer this is the song I'd enter the ring to, it just sounds like your marching towards the Gallows pole. It screams "Here comes death, better watchout Motherfuckers!"

4. Carpet Crawlers by Genesis

Now this is classic Genesis way before they became an 80's pop band. This is when the great Peter Gabriel was fronting the band. If your not familiar with early Genesis or Peter Gabriel's solo career do yourself a favor and check it out. Dig deeper than Sledgehammer and In Your Eyes and you'll find some real treats from Peter. Trust me.

5. Lazy Eye by The Silversun Pickups

I fucking love this song. Easily the best rock song to come out in the last 5 years. This is just good garage style rock done by geeky kids. I would recommend this to anyone and the entire album is most excellent too. This is a good "day alone with nothing to do so let's go for a ride song" Yes my head is bobbing as I am writing this, yeah it's that good.


Well this was tons of fun, I will have to do this again. I enjoy sharing music so if there is anything you think I might enjoy from sampling these 5 songs please leave a comment and I will be sure to check it out.

Godspeed

No comments: