Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hang on St. Christopher it's going to be a bumpy ride.....

I recently got a new job with a local advertising firm that specializes in motor-sports (one of their clients is Orange County Choppers) I work in the direct mailer department. I was really jazzed about getting this job because the interview was really informal and they put an emphasis on having fun while working hard. Anyone who knows me knows I like to have fun and I don't mind putting in an honest days work. Well they presented the contract to me and the salary was a little lower than I would normally command but I was okay with it because it seems like a cool atmosphere and I have been looking for a good job forever. The normal work day is from 8am to 6pm which again is par for the course when it comes to working in the design field, it's a 24 hour industry. All fine and dandy and I was real excited to start yesterday. Come to find out not only do I work 10 hour days I also only get a 20 minute lunch break. Yup, I know, but I am taking the wait and see approach. Maybe this place is just a little stepping stone to the next position. I have no problem being a nomad when it comes to finding the right job, even if it does look bad on the 'ol resume.

Let me get to the point of this post, anyone who knows me will tell you that I don't believe in God, but anyone who really knows me knows that I do believe in a higher power I just have a difficult time getting behind organized religion, but that's for a later time. One thing that has always been strange about my life is that I am the walking definition of "the right place at the right time" things have always worked out for me. And for some dumb reason whenever I "talk to god" I always get exactly what I asked for. I asked for a job, I didn't care what I made or what I did just please lord give me a job-I got a job at WestLawn Graphic, a pure hell hole and had to quit before I killed someone. Then I rephrased my question, Please lord just give me a job that is fun and that I can handle skill wise I don't care what you pay me or how many hours I have to work- so I got this job with Company X. You follow the pattern here? I have many other examples of the mighty old phrase "ask and you shall receive" happening to me, but It's also Murphy's Law too "becareful what you wish for, you just might get it" So I like to believe that me and God have and understanding, I've just haven't figured out what type that is yet. Somedays I feel like "someone" is looking out for me, than others I feel like that "someone" is grinding me under their heel.
If there is a master plan for me, I wish they would just get on with it already.

I hate whiners and this is not like me to complain publicly (which begs the question, Is it complaining publicly if no one reads your blog. Hmmmm Arsenio Hmmmmm). So please forgive me in my moment of weakness.

1 comment:

Anjelica said...

You should help me fix my site up.
I feel completely retarded.
K thanks =]